Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Family Culture

A description of the three items you would choose



The three items I would take with us are, bible which we follow and live by, family photos to recall the moments in our lives and flash drive with important documents saved to it.


How you would explain to others what each of these items means to you
Family photos is important because it provides a visual history. The moments when my husband and I first meet, married, infant pictures and so on as they were growing up. 

The bible is the word in which we follow by in living a good life. It is a tool that we use to help us in need, times and sorrow, especially catastophies. 

 Flash drive contains important documents which is small enough for us to utilize in any computer, if there is one.

Your feelings if, upon arrival, you were told that you could only keep one personal item and have to give up the other two items you brought with you


Since, we are having to start all over, I suppose I would choose to keep the photos. You can never get those memories and family pictures back. I would like for my children's children to have a visual picture of their ancestors and so forth.

Any insights you gained about yourself, your family culture, diversity, and/or cultural differences in general, as a result of this exercise,

Family photos are important because it is important for everyone to understand where they come from. Having to move to another country, the children would adapt to the new environment, however, I would want them to remember where they came from and also have this to pass down to their children and their children's children. Family is very important to us and light of everything, my life would be empty if I did not have my family. Material items can be replaced, but family cannot. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! RaRa,
    I agree that photos are so important to have. Often times people think that we can recall events but there's nothing like looking at an album filled with memories of time gone. My husband always reminds me taking picture is freezing a moment in time.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Like another one of our classmates, I also chose to bring my Bible. I can understand the flash drive and the family photos, but how would the flash drive represent your culture?

    ReplyDelete