Saturday, March 2, 2013

What I have learned

I have learned that everyone is unique and deserves to be valued and respected. Each child and their family are individuals who are diverse in so many ways. We need to reach out and get to know them for who they are and not make any assumptions. As an Anti-Bias educator need to ensure we create an environment where everyone is welcome and ensure the children in the classroom,welcome others as well.

Education is key. It is my personal goal to ensure that I can model to other children and families of how we should treat others with respect, dignity and so forth. I want to utilize the childrens talents and skills so that they can strive for excellence. Families are diverse and I want to ensure they feel invited in the classroom no matter what their family structure is. Reaching out to the community and families is the first step to ensuring we help the children succeed. Becoming involved in their neighborhoods and bringing encouragement without judgement is key. I want to counsel to all children and family and let them know regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, social status, abililites and so forth. Inform them,  they are somebody special, they deserve every opportuntiy to succeed and help them in any possible way I can.


Each and everyone us has shared our background stories of our childhood and who we are. Most of us have come through some hard times, but we prevailed. There was at least one person that made a positive impact in our lives and look where we are. I like to thank all of you for your inspiration and wish you all much success.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment